Thursday, August 20, 2015

Social Sukie

I'm not the "all work, no play" type. You know little bit about what I do for work – let's talk about my social life. But, first, allow me to touch on how important it is to have a life [of your own] outside of work. 
 
With just two words, the reason is simply explained: "self-discovery." The Sukie five years ago and the Sukie today are definitely not the same person. I used to be even more complacent than I am. I would go with the flow. Now, I choose to do things that I want. Not everything I tried was something I stuck with or enjoy, however. But determining what continued to do was based on my interests and my motivation to continue. 

Since moving to Georgia I've done so much that I probably would not of done if I weren't on my own. Here's a few those things: 

Food shopping,
Cooking/baking at home,
Taking photos in the city,
Stand-up comedy,
Considered being on a swim team,
Emerging myself into other diversity communities that I identify with...

The list goes on, but those are the experiences worth sharing because they are where I have discovered and accepted new attributes about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment